Sunday, January 18, 2015

Monday Jan.12 through Sunday January 18, 2014

This week has been pretty quiet all the way around. Monday we did laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. Then around eleven we went downtown with The Normans and the Roesberrys, the Normans will be going home to Utah during the break in February and wanted to pick up a few more gifts to take home. We went to the market near the Zocolo and then we came back had lunch together and played cards for a while. We did have dad's phone so we got a couple of pictures.

This is the outside of the Santo Domingo Church and museum

Greg Jan and I at one of the window in the museum, the museum used to be the convent of the Church

Tuesdays we don't go to the temple until 2:00 for our  weekly Missionary meeting so we got up and went back downtown to the big museum at the Santo Domingo Church, we spent two hours and didn't even begin to see it. We will be going back, especially since we both forgot our cameras!

I have not been feeling very good, I have had a cough since before Christmas and it has just gotten worse and I have been feeling worse, finally I made an appointment with Dr.(Brother) Morales. He works 2 shifts in the temple as a coordinator, and is a great guy. I actually stayed home from the temple Wednesday, we were going to go see him at 1:30, at 11:00 Ross came home with the Dr. there were blokeos again and we couldn't get to his office so he came to me. I have pneumonia! He gave me an antibiotic and a steroid, it is helping but it also makes me sick to my stomach and shakey. Yesterday I couldn't keep anything down, today I have been able to eat a little and I went to sacrament meeting. But I have missed work in the temple most of the week, I went Friday morning for my shift as the coordinator but I got cussed pretty bad for being there and then I came home and went to bed. I am hoping that I feel a lot better by Tuesday.

Jan and Greg are coming over after they get out of church ad cooking dinner for everyone here, their house is too small! It will be nice to visit with everyone, I feel a bit stir crazy.

It will be nice to be back in the temple next week, I have really missed it, besides not being fun being sick it is awful to feel so useless. There really is no better feeling than to feel like you are in the service of your Father in Heaven and doing the thinks he want you to do, as we serve and help others our lives take on so much grater meaning. We love and miss you all, have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment