Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week of June 15th to June 21, 2015

Happy Birthday today to Samuel, we hope your day is special and that you enjoy each minute of it! Happy Father's day to all the amazing fathers we know who set such wonderful examples, work so hard to provide for, teach, play with and love the children in their lives. Fathers are so important and a true father isn't just about DNA and genes  it's about the one who steps up to the plate and cares and loves, sometimes it is an uncle or a friend or a brother. Our circle of family and friends has so many amazing fathers who love so many children unconditionally, their own and others,  and who demonstrate the true light and love of Christ. We  give our honor and love to each of you this Father's day and all year. 

We have had a busy week in the temple learning new things, we are so grateful for the Normans and their patience with us as we try to learn our new responsibilities. I am not sure about Ross but I seem to come home more mentally tired than physically yet unable to shut my brain off. Then when I sleep I dream of the things I am learning and I am trying to talk to people on the phone in Spanish and I just can't come up with the right words and no one can understand me! I guess that's because that is one of my biggest fears! Prayers for help in learning our new responsibilities are appreciated.

The temple has been busy with excursions, (and is pretty well booked until the Mexico City temple opens)Thursday we only had one bus, Friday 3, and Saturday I think we had 8 buses and a late session for one of the local Stakes. It was a great day and as always the people who came were so patient and so happy to be in the temple. They are also always so reverent and quiet you would never know the temple was so full.

I wanted to tell you about an experience I had a few weeks ago, I got to help with the kids who were waiting to be sealed to their parents, there were actually 2 families, the kids were cousins, a girl 11, her brothers 9 and a baby about 18 months, the other family a boy 9 and his brother 5. They were all so cute and so friendly, we sang primary songs in Spanish and in English and played head, shoulders, knees, and toes, they taught me in Spanish and I taught them in English, we learned colors in both languages and just visited, then they changed and got ready. Both 9 year old boys, when they came back inform the sealings were just sobbing, and came right to me and just hugged me and cried, we talked about the Spirit and how special the day was and how important it was that they write down what they were feeling. When they left they all surrounded me and hugged me and told me thank you. It was such a sweet experience to share part of their special day with them. Sometimes in the temple the spirit is so incredibly strong it catches me unaware and I feel like my body can not contain the joy I feel. 

The children here are so sweet, I finally made friends with a little girl in our ward today, she came over before the meeting started and sat by me and looked at the pictures on my ipad, she was fascinated by the picture of EssieKate on the horse, and of all the kids, she wanted to know where they lived and if they were foreigners. "No lo conozco," she said, I don't know them. I think she is about 4. She is a niece to one of the temple coordinators and she is a doll.

My quote for the week is from Elder M. Russel Ballard " The Lord isn't asking us to load up a handcart, He's asking us to fortify our faith. He isn't asking us to walk across a continent, He's asking us to walk across the street and visit our neighbor. He isn't asking us to give all our worldly possessions to build a temple, He's asking us to attend regularly the temples  already built. He isn't asking us to die a martyr's death, He's asking us to live a disciple's life."

Love and kisses to each and everyone of you, we are counting the days until we see you. Remember to be good to each other, you are as always in our thoughts and prayers.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment